Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mark's Story

  I have been wanting to write down the Miracle of Mark!!

  Anytime one finds out that they are pregnant is a wonderful and memorable occasion.  But I cannot think of a more wonderful day to find out that you are pregnant than on Valentines Day.  Yes on February 14, 2009 I found out that I was pregnant with miracle number 3 and praising God as I was fighting waves of morning sickness for once again opening up my womb and allowing me to have another precious gift!!  Like with all of my pregnancies I was excited and hopeful for this newest life that God was forming in my womb!! 
  I will not even lie I was postitive that God would bless me with a pretty little girl, because he had answered my prayers with my first 2 babies to have boys.  I felt sure that God and I were on the same wave legnths when it came to the genders of my babies.  I will admit that I did cry a bit when I found out that I was going to have another boy because this little one was to be our last baby.  But one cannot truly be sad with a preciouus gift that God is allowing you to have and besides you have no control over it anyways!
  So this pregnancy with baby number 3 was uneventful and raised no red flags for concern.  He was an active little one just like his older brothers and did not believe in allowing me to sleep at night.
  October 8, started out like any other typical day for me.  I got Anthony ready for school and fed the the 2 boys and we gave daddy a kiss goodbye as he headed off to work and to a day of meetings.  He reminded me that today he would be busy and more than likely would not be able to answer his phone since they have to give their phones to security when they go into meetings since they are high level security meetings.   Since I was still a week away from my due date, I carried on with the day like any other day and I tried to get all my house cleaning done while Anthony was at school and finished preparing the room that my mom would be staying in when she came down.  An hour before Anthony was due home my water broke.  I started to panic because my mom wasn't due to come in until the weekend and Guy was over an hour away from the house and he may or may not get my phone call.  Plus I had no where for my kids to go since grandma was suppose to come and take care of them.
  Thankfully I was able to get in touch with Guy but he said that he wouldn't be able to leave until after his meeting at 1 because he was to give the brief.  I was still concerned because I had nowhere for the kids to go, but I called the hospital and they said that it was okay for the kids to come since I would be in a private room.  I arrived at the hospital with my bag and kids in tow at 1PM with them sitting in a double stroller with plenty to eat and plenty of toys to keep them busy. 
  Guy finally arrived at the hospital and took the kids to a cousin's house as they were becoming restless and were quickly frazzling me.
  My labor was going fine and everything was proceeding nicely and the doc said that if everything stayed on course like it was that sometime early in the morning we would have Mark.  So you can imagine my surprise when about 10 minutes later everyone was flying into my room.  They were putting an oxygen mask on me and turning me this way and that way and shouting that the baby's pulse was still low.  Then the next thing I hear is the doc saying rush her into the operating room this baby needs to come out STAT.  They told Guy,to stay with them and get washed up.  By the time he came to me they were pulling the baby out and I was shaking so bad and the one thought that stayed with me was WHY IS HE NOT CRYING?!
  Then Guy, came to me and he had tears in his eyes and I immediately thought that my precious baby had not made it and I started crying and shaking even more.  Then he leaned over to me and said the words that would forever change our lives (but for the positive) He whispered they think the baby has Down Syndrome.  The first thing that I said was Praise God my baby is alive!!  Followed with fear I had no idea what Down Syndrome was about but I knew that I would love him because God had given him to us.




I knew that we would love you regardless of your diagnosis, we just had to understand it!
How could we not fall in love with this sweet innocent baby that seemed so helpless.
  There were so many conflicting emotions that were going on while I was at the hospital.  I will never forget all the rush of emotions that went on between me and Guy and the way I quickly stood up for my precious baby.  Some of the first few comments from Guy rocked me to my core and I felt that surely that the Devil was having a field day trying to drive a wedge through our marriage.  One of the first things Guy had said to me where we can't keep this baby he is not going to live for long and he is not perfect he doesn't fit with this family.  I felt such a rush of mamma bear coming out that I told him no matter how long he was on this side of heaven that he would be loved by us forever.  And that family grows and changes to accept new members of the family.  Then as far as perfect goes, he is perfect because everything God creates is perfect!!
  I was blessed beyond belief meaning that the nurses that God allowed me to have for 6 days and nights were mother's of kids with Downs.  I knew that I would be prepared to go home with my baby because they gave me so much encouragement and hope that all would be well.  I did say a special prayer the whole time I was there in the hospital that God would give me such a deep and special love for Mark that he would know that he was loved just in case he didn't make it before getting to know his mommy and daddy.  I am here to say that God does answer prayers because the love that I have for Mark is so different that I have for Anthony, Peter and David it feels so fierce at times.  Don't get me wrong I love my other boys also and would be crushed if anything ever happened to them.
  I will admit that there were some bad days at the very begining but mostly it stemmed from the unknown,  Then the biggest fear was Mark's heart but that is another story for another time.


And a year later you can see how well loved Mark is by everyone!!
Mark and his first lolipop!!
Mark and his Irish twin David!!
 As you can tell my boy is not suffering at all!!
Kelly,
Praying God's blessings for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment