Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What a long week it has been and it is only Tuesday!!

The last couple of days have been extremely long and draining days on this momma.  Yesterday I took David to the cardiologist just to make sure that all was well with him.  I went feeling confident that the doctor would say that I am a worry wart of a mom and that I need to relax some.
No instead I got the second shock of my life when I found out that my baby doll David also has heart problems. Okay so his problems are not nearly as bad as those that Mark had, but still problems that I need to keep an eye on and monitor and make sure that he doesn't get worst.
I was happy when I didn't see any holes on the ultra sound and was gleeful when I thought that we would leave the office unscathed.  The doctor came in and he said the good news is that there are no holes and he has a complete canal, but he has a prominent heart murmur and his blood vessels in his chambers are larger than they should be.  But thankfully right now they don't require surgery or medications.  Hopefully these are things that he will out grow as he gets bigger.  So with a grateful heart we left the office.
But when we got home I saw that Mark was coughing up some blood.  I made a frantic call to the pediatrician and was told to go to either the emergency room or to go to urgent care.  I opted to take him to urgent care because I thought that we would be seen sooner that way, plus if he needed to be hospitalized the hospital was the next floor up.  It was a smart choice to take him to urgent care a doctor was with him in less than 5 minutes.  The first words out of his mouth were if he is spitting up blood we need to get X-Rays done on him because it could be tuberculosis.
Oh great now my semi bad day just got a whole lot worst, if that could even be possible!
I wish I had a camera with me when Mark went in for his X-Rays he looked so funny.  They had put him into this contraption that spun around so that way they could take the pictures that they needed to take of his chest and lungs.  They had me hold his arms up above his head and then blow into his face when they took the pictures.  Silly boy he was very upset when we took him out he was having so much fun in the contraption he thought we were playing a game.  Even when my boy is feeling bad he is still the life of the party. 
He had all the nurses and patients wrapped around his finger and they were taking him around the nurses station playing with him.  My little man brings so much joy to everyone that it makes my heart burst with pride.
Thankfully they don't think he has tuberculosis but he does have some kind of infection and they have him on antibiotics and we get to go back to see the doctor on Thursday.  I am already exhausted thinking about all that will need to be done on Thursday.  Take Peter to school, get Anthony ready for school and have Mark ready for  physical therapy and this is all done before 9 AM!!  I love being a MOM!!

Kelly,
Praying God's blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment