Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Putting my Dream on Hold? Or Changing my Dream?

Recently I had begun the process of applying to nursing school and was excited at the thought of finally pursuing the dream of being a nurse that I have had for several years now.
But the other day Guy, called me all excited and he exclaimed that we were both going to become licensed to sell insurance.  The "old me" before reading "The Power of a Praying Woman and The Power of a Praying Wife" would have told Guy off and told him no way. 
But since I have begun to read these books and really focus on what I am praying for I have begun to notice changes in me and also in our marriage.  I use to pray for our marriage and for us but I never really knew what to pray for and it felt like nothing was happening.  Then I started reading these books and in just a few short weeks have noticed changes in both of us.
As he was talking I started to become excited to and realized that in order for Guy to own his own business like he wants to, that he is going to need me to be able to help him out.  For now I realize that we will not be able to afford to pay for an extra agent to help out with the load.
His excitement in starting on with our new lives after the Army is infectious and it is great to feel the excitement that he is feeling.  How could I not be excited when I can clearly see that God's hand is in this .  I have been praying and asking God to lead us in the right direction and into something that Guy will be able to do at his age.
Then last night God made it real to me in a dream.  That yes, I may never realize my dream of becoming a nurse ,and giving new moms the kind of comfort that I had received upon hearing Markie's ,diagnosis of Down Syndrome.  But instead that I would become a volunteer and that instead of being at only one hospital that I would be able to go too many hospitals and give people hope and comfort!!
How awesome is that dream that God gave me. I woke up so excited and confident in the direction that we are headed in.  We serve such an awesome God, and I love the idea of being able to serve at many hospitals and to be able to touch many lives!!
Now I am off to start studying insurance books so that way I can take the state test soon!!
Prayerfully yours,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Your excitement is palpable. Sometimes I feel like I am floundering in what direction I need to take. Perhaps it is time for me to pray and LISTEN. Have an open mind. I did the nursing school route--twice (BSN, MSN). I loved being an NP but I love being with my Ellie Bear more. Being a volunteer is a great way to reach even MORE people--I love it! Best of luck with studying insurance. Keep us posted. BTW, love your blog background. Kisses to sweet Markie as you know he has a special place in my heart :-)

    ReplyDelete