Monday, April 25, 2011

Are we going to Jesus' Kingdom...

This is what Peter asked me yesterday, when I told him that it was Easter.  I was shocked and pleased at the same time to take note that my boy is paying attention to what he is being taught in school.  I can't help but praise God, for the prayers that he is answering that my boys will come to know Him and have a thirst for His Word and to want to know Him personally so that way they can one day enter into His Kingdom!
I tried to explain as best as I could to a 3 year old that we can never know when God is going to say it is time for Peter, to come into My Kingdom.  I told him that there is only  1 way that I know of us meeting Jesus and going into his Kingdom and that is asking Jesus into our heart and leading us and guiding us and following the rules that God wants us to follow.  I asked him if he wanted to do that now he told me that he "can't want to because rules are bad".  Sigh I have to remind myself that he is only 3 and he is not too big into doing what others want him to do.
 But Praise God a tiny seed has been planted into my son's heart that is going to take root and continue to grow and one day he is going to want to ask Jesus into his heart. I am already claiming it for all of my boys that they are going to come to know Jesus and that they are going to love walking with Him.
I also explained to him that I believe there are only 2 ways as of now in meeting Jesus and that is we die and go to Heaven to be with Jesus or  that beautiful trumpet is going to be blown and quicker than he can open and close his eyes we are going to be in Heaven with Jesus!! 
He wasn't to impressed with this information and like most typical 3 year olds he asked when him and Anthony could open up their Easter baskets.  I am hoping that next year that I will be able to take my boys to church for an Easter service. Everyone will be older and hopefully ready to sit still and listen.
My question for all of you, is are you ready when Jesus calls for you to come to up to His Kingdom?!
Getting ready for the Easter Egg Hunt at my Uncle's Church

Note the two bags in Anthony's hands

Peter did better with this egg hunt

Some of the hiding spots

Woot woo look at all those eggs Peter

Even Markie found a couple of eggs

Ahh next year you can join us Baby David

Grandma with her babies

My handsome little man I can't help but take pictures of him


Oh boy look at all the eggs you guys got unfortunately they didn't find the golden egg with $5.00 in it!!

I let them paint the eggs this year they did pretty good but some of them became kinda funky because they were trying to make them brown and black. Not sure why they wanted those colors.

My Uncle Jerry asking the blessing for the food.

My Aunt Myra being a great Pastor's wife making sure everyone is having a good time

Finally last but not least my sweet baby's first Easter in the traditonal dress that my boys have each worn for their first Easter!

Praying God's blessings for all of you,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment