Monday, April 11, 2011

Guy finally made that comment...

You know the comment of Markie finally looks like a little boy with Down Syndrome.  In the beginning I always wondered how I would feel to hear those words.  It just all came in stride, I said really all I see is my cute adorable baby with gorgeous almond shaped eyes.  These precious almond shaped eyes I like to think are credit from his Japanese heritage. They remind me of my mom, grandma and grandpa when I look at those beautiful almond shape eyes that my boy gets to sport.
It is so neat to see how much I have grown in the short 18 months that we have been on our journey with Down Syndrome.  In the beginning if I had heard that comment I am sure that I would have broken down in tears. With the fear that my baby was different genetically from others.  But now I am PROUD that my Little Man sports an extra chromosome. I think this extra chromosome makes him extra cute and lovable!!




This is the cute face that daddy says now looks like a little boy with Down Syndrome. All I see is an adorable little boy with a mommy that is head over heels in love with her  baby boy!!  This is what Down Syndrome looks like to me a sweet baby boy that I love soo much that I would move heaven and earth for him!!

Prayerfully Yours,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly, all I see is a sweet, handsome boy with beautiful eyes, gorgeous smile, and fabulous hair. . . Ellie's potential future husband :-) Once a good friend of mine said that Ellie doesn't really look like she has Ds. I didn't know what to say to that. Then I had one who told me that they could tell when she was an infant. Again, what to say to that.? To me, she looks like Ellie and no matter how she looks, she still has that extra chromosome and I love her with all of my heart.

    ReplyDelete